Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Roast Beef and Blue Cheese Panini

I love this sandwich. I have it at least 2-3 times a week for lunch. It goes great with the Creamless Creamy Tomato Soup.

Roast Beef and Blue Cheese Panini
This is for 1 sandwich. Just adjust for however many sandwiches you want to make.

2 slices of rustic bread (I used sourdough for the picture)
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. blue cheese, crumbled
Deli sliced roast beef
Butter or garlic butter

In a small bowl, combine mayo and blue cheese with a fork. Spread butter or garlic butter on 1 side of each piece of bread. Turn the bread over and spread the mayo blue cheese mixture on the other side. Stack sliced roast beef to your liking on 1 slice of bread with the butter side down. Then top with the other slice of bread with butter side up.

Place in a preheated grill pan or panini press, and cook to your liking.  You don't need to run out and buy a press or grill pan. You can use a regular skillet and find a flat rock about 3-4 inches long and wrap it in foil. While the sandwich is cooking, place the rock on top of the sandwich. Flip and do the same on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for Landon and me for lunch today and we LOVED it. I added thinly sliced tomatoes. I don't have a panini press or grill pan, so I just placed the sandwiches in a regular non-stick pan and laid my cast iron skillet on top of the sandwiches. Worked great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails