Caramel-Pecan Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
3 Tbs butter, softened
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
30 individual soft caramels (unwrapped)
1 Tbs fat-free milk
¼ cup pecans, sliced lengthwise in half
1 ounce chopped dark chocolate
1 ounce chopped white chocolate
1. Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with enough foil to extend 2-inches over the sides; spray foil with nonstick spray.
2. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Add flour, beating until it is blended and mixture is crumbly. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake until crust is lightly browned at the edges, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make the topping, combine caramels and milk in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes until the mixture is hot, stirring once halfway through the cooking time. Stir again until the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour topping onto the hot crust and spread evenly, leaving a ¼-inch border along the edge. Place pecans on top..
5. Return the pan to the oven and bake just until the topping is bubbling in the center, about 12 minutes longer. Melt two chocolates separately in microwave and scoop into individual ziplocs. Snip tiny corner of each ziploc and drizzle in a zigzag manner on top of the caramel topping. Cool completely on a rack.
6. Using the foil overhang as handles, transfer to a cutting board. Gently peel away the foil and cut into 16 bars.
Yield: 16 bars
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (36%) 61.79
Total Fat 7.26g
Saturated Fat 3.46g
Dietary Fiber 0.92g
Net Carbohydrates 25.38g
WW Points: 4
Cooking Tips: White chocolate is sometimes tricky to melt. If yours isn’t melted well, just add about 1/2 tsp. shortening to the white chocolate and it should smooth it out and melt a little easier.
Recipe source: Recipegirl.com who adapted it from Weight Watchers magazine