Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Savory Spiral Stuffed Rolls

This was my 2nd attempt at making these rolls. I tried just using Rhodes frozen bread dough and it didn't rise for some reason. So the next day I broke down and just made the dough from scratch. Let me tell you it was worth it. These were very good.


Savory Spiral Stuffed Rolls


*Makes 12-16 rolls

1 recipe roll dough (that yields about 12 rolls), I used  this French Bread Rolls recipe using half wheat flour
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
2 cups chopped ham (I just used deli ham)
1 1/2 cups finely chopped broccoli
2 cups shredded cheese (any kind works)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup finely chopped green onions

Follow the recipe for your roll dough until the dough has risen. Punch down the dough and roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1/2-inch thick (using the french bread roll recipe, I rolled my dough to about 13 inches by 17 inches).

In a small bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Spread the rolled out dough with the butter/cream cheese mixture. Top with the ham, broccoli, cheese, Parmesan cheese, and green onions (see the pictures below). Roll the dough up, pinching the seam to seal. Slice the roll into about 1-inch segments. Place the rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Let the rolls rise until nearly doubled and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.

Recipe Source: My Kitchen Cafe expanded upon from Marisa at What’s For Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails