Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Special Spanish Rice

This is a family recipe that goes way back, before I was born. I grew up eating this, well kind of, I hate green peppers and every time my mom would make this I dreaded it because of the peppers. I enjoy it now, and my family enjoys it, probably because I don't usually add the peppers.

Special Spanish Rice
Makes 4 servings

3 strips bacon, cut up
*Bacon drippings, approx. 1/4 cup.
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 medium green pepper, diced
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 1/3 c. instant rice
1 3/4 c. hot water
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. salt
dash of pepper

Fry bacon in a skillet and let drain. To bacon drippings add onion, green pepper, beef and instant rice. Cook and stir over high heat until lightly browned. Then add water, tomato sauce, bacon and seasonings. Mix well. Bring quickly to a boil.

*I usually microwave my bacon and just spray my skillet with non stick cooking spray instead of using the bacon drippings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails