A homemade bar filled with cinnamon goodness - perfect for snickerdoodle lovers!
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients and beat on low until combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Spread evenly. (Use your hands if needed to spread evenly.) Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the batter. Drop teaspoon sized amounts of the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Drizzle over the bars.
- Cut and serve.
Recipe/photo source: Taste and Tell Blog